Posted by Danielle_Launders
That’s right! We're bringing back our MozCon contest where you, our community, can submit your creative entries for a chance to come to MozCon 2017 for free! Last year we had so many impressive and deserving entries, it was hard to choose just one... which is why this year there will be three lucky winners. Yes! You read correctly — three lucky people will be able to attend MozCon for free. Moz will not only cover your registration, but you’ll also have reserved VIP front-row seating, and we'll pick up the bill for accommodations at the Grand Hyatt.
This is your chance to meet Roger, laugh and cry at MozCon Ignite, converse with speakers during lunch, and of course learn all the things! To enter, just send over a unique piece of content telling us why we should send you to MozCon. Make sure your entry is both original and creative!
First up: Create!
Brainstorm and create something new, unique, and compelling. Last year we saw tons of ingenious ideas, including:
- Videos (must be one minute or less)
- Blog posts
- Slide decks
- Anything else you can dream up!
These are just a few examples; there's plenty of room for you to come up with your own trail-blazing ideas. Perhaps you'll film your own Whiteboard Friday detailing why you should come, or record a custom-written, sung-from-the-heart tune about why you love MozCon? Get creative and show us what you got!
Once your content has been perfected and is ready to share, tweet us a link @Moz and use the hashtag #mozcon by Sunday, June 18 at 5:00pm PDT. To keep things fair, there will be no exceptions — so make sure to follow instructions and don’t forget to include your contact information (name and email address) somewhere easily visible within your content. We need to be able to connect with you if you're a winner!
All submissions will be reviewed and voted on by Moz staff. We'll let the votes of 150 Mozzers decide the top 3 entries.
Let’s break it down:
- Submissions close on Sunday, June 18 at 5:00pm PDT
- Entries will be judged by Mozzers based on creativity and uniqueness of content
- Winners will be announced and the winning entry shared from @Moz via Twitter on Monday, June 26
- You must be able to attend MozCon, July 17–19 2017, in Seattle. Prizes are non-transferrable.
- All submissions must adhere to the MozCon Code of Conduct
- Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- The value of the prize will be reported for tax purposes as required by law; the winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prizes and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules.
What 3 lucky people win:
- A free ticket to MozCon 2017, including optional VIP front-row seating (valued at $1049)
- Accommodations with suite upgrade at the Grand Hyatt from July 16–20, 2017 (valued at $1,300+)
All right, what are you waiting for? Time to start on those submissions. Best of luck to you all!
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don't have time to hunt down but want to read!
from The Moz Blog http://tracking.feedpress.it/link/9375/5977017